Friday, July 13, 2007

Wow, where to begin...


We had such a great time in New York at Word of life. I can hardly believe that just a week ago today that Scott, Lori, Mark and I were headed for a day of site seeing to Vermont and Fort Ticonderoga. I really don't even know where to begin in writing about what we did while we were there. Word of Life has an incredible ministry and being able to go to the heart of it and seeing it up close and personal really impacted me. One of the highlights of the week for me what Thursday night when we went to the Island to spend some time with the kids and then stayed for their campfire meeting.

We didn't really want the kids to know that we were there, so we snuck into the campfire area from the side and sat down on the hill at the edge of the woods. Joe Jordan spoke that night and had a powerful message. Then he put forth a challenge/invitation to all of the kids. If they were ready for the first time to commit their lives to Christ or to rededicate their lives to him, they were to come forward and throw a stick on the all ready huge fire. Nearly every teen there came forward, only God knows if they all were sincere, but the site of all of those teens in a circle around that campfire really touched me. After everyone was gathered, they had everyone that wasn't all ready standing to stand and all were to sing. I couldn't even stand as I was so overcome by emotion at that point I just sat there on that hillside taking it all in and was moved to tears. Seriously, it was all that I could do not to sob out loud.

The whole are around Schroon Lake is beautiful. The lake is surrounded by trees and mountains. Monday afternoon we decided to take a hike up Mt. Severance, which is just outside of Schroon Lake. The hike was a bit more than we anticipated, but the view from the top was well worth it. We had a beautiful view the Island where the kids were staying, as well as much of the lake.

That is all I have time for now, I will write more about our trip later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow sounds like a great trip and the pictures look beautiful...