Friday, August 31, 2007

I am the mom of a college student


Wow, can you believe it... Adam started his first college class yesterday at Bethel College. He is just taking one course this semester....Spanish...and will get high school as well as college credit for it. He said it looks like it will be a good class and he likes his teacher so far. He and Logan are taking it together and Logan will be driving them.

We have a busy weekend coming up. Saturday Brad, my nephew, is getting married to Mallory and after the wedding we are having family photos taken. Sunday right after church we leave for Plymouth and the Blueberry Festival. Can't await for that! Our plans are the same as always....go to the festival on Sunday, picnic and fireworks on Sunday night, spend he night with Mom and Dad Sunday night and then to go the parade Monday morning. Dad is on the Blueberry board this year, so I am guessing we don't be able to spend much time with him. Last Thursday, the 23rd, we drove to Plymouth for the Gator Parade, just like last year. (Remember Nathalie...you got put in the sheriffs car!!) The weather Thursday night was very nasty, even some tornado warnings near Laporte, but even though the clouds looks very threatening, we didn't even get a drop of rain.

Saturday was our kick off party for Word of Life which was a Hawaiian Luau. We had planned on having the party up at Perry's, where they have a trailer up at a campground on a lake in Michigan. Because of the storms earlier in the week, they were without electricity, which means no toilets, plus there were a lot of trees and branches down. So we decided to have it at church instead. They came to our house for a bit to swim and then back to the church. We also had our parents meeting right before the party.

The "So You Think You Can Scrap" game at The Scrapbook Site is over now and of course I didn't win anything. I didn't expect to win, and it was just good to get some different kind of layouts done that I normally wouldn't have done. It was fun, but I am glad to be back to scrapping what ever and however I want.

We had Braden 4 days this week, so that was pretty good money which will help pay off this laptop. I am getting real close to having it paid for and since Lori and I have a show next weekend in Indy, I am sure I will make enough then to have it done. I have still been busy the last few weeks getting our school year planned. I am not sure I have ever spent quite this much time planning school, but it will be so nice having all of the plans ready and in the Homeschool Tracker. I just want to make sure that the next time I need a transcript report that all I have to do is click a button.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww the blueberry festival!! that was always so much fun, especially last year getting arrested :D :D. hope you had a lot of fun this time again.