Saturday, December 1, 2007

December Already!

Today we are finally getting the Christmas decorations put up. The last days have been so busy there just hasn't been time. We are getting the trees put up and hopefully the lights on and then tomorrow we will do the ornaments when we can all be here to do them. Adam is working today as usual. Already we have run into light problems just as it seems we have every year. We plugged in the 3 strings of lights, which were brand new last year for the snowman tree, and NONE of them work!! How annoying is that?? We don't have the big tree up yet, so who knows about those lights.

This weekend starts our busy December weekends. The boys work most every Friday in the concession stand for the Central & Memorial games. Last night Mark and I went to church to help get it decorated for Christmas, (then we all ate Vesuvios Pizza afterwards), and the boys worked. Tonight is Mark's Christmas party for Regal and it is at the Tippecanoe Place in South Bend. YUM! Adam has a Christmas party for Martin's at one of the owner's homes and Jared will stay home with Tucker. Next weekend is the RUSH Christmas party and the weekend after that is our adult Sunday school Christmas party and the next day the WOL Christmas party.

Tomorrow after church we have a carry in dinner for the people that have gone through the NETS training, so this afternoon I am making a dessert and a salad. I think I am going to make Beth Moore's Texas Sheet cake recipe, which is linked at the bottom left of my blog, and pasta salad. I also need to work on my Breaking Free Bible study this afternoon and if I have time, put my next quarter's Sunday school lessons into the weekly folders. If I don't have time for that today I will work in it tomorrow. Tomorrow starts the new quarter, but I don't actually have to teach since they will be spending the whole Sunday school hour going over songs for the Christmas program which will be in a couple of weeks.

No comments: