Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ice & Snow!

Jean is still hanging on. I really thought last week may have been the last for her, but it sounds like she has reached another plateau and is holding her own again. I know this is so hard on all of the family, but it all is in God's hands.

This last week has been pretty eventful weather wise. As I was typing my last blog post it had just started to snow, which ended up accumulating to nearly 5 inches overnight. All of the schools were delayed 2 hours and I think some ended up closing all together. Of course the boys tried to talk me into delaying our school, but that wasn't going to happen. HA! Then over Saturday night it got really icy again, just like I did a week ago. Many churches ended up cancelling services, especially Sunday evening. Of course, McCoy didn't close though. There have been several times where we have had to cancel Awana and WOL on Wednesday night, but only once can I remember them cancelling Sunday church and that was well more than 10 years ago when we still lived in the other house. This morning schools were delayed 2 hours and I won't be too surprised if the same thing happens again tomorrow as we are supposed to have more ice over night tonight. The ice storm is moving over IL right now and should be here in a few hours. I babysit for Emma in the morning, but since her Mom is a school teacher I may not have her as early as normal. I guess we will see what the morning brings.

Anyway…backing up a few days. Friday night both of the boys worked again. After dropping Jared off to work, I took Braden and Tucker into Martin's to see Adam and Sherry, the lady Adam works with. Before Adam got his license, I used to go in at least once a week, sometimes more and Sherry always gave Tucker a treat. Braden loves to go there to look at the animals and to hold one of the rats! After Linda came to pick him up, Mark and I went out for some Christmas shopping and to dinner. We started out at the Farmer's Market: http://www.americancountryside.us/market/ , then went to Sam's, to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and then to Meijer for a few groceries.

Saturday, Jared and I went to South Bend for the day to do some Christmas shopping. I don't usually go to South Bend on Saturday this close to Christmas and it was really busy! I was happy though because I got quite a bit of shopping done. Still seems like I have quite a bit more to go through.

Sunday after church, we went, (slid is a better word….) to the Elco Theater downtown Elkhart to watch Jillian in "The Wizard of Oz". She had the part of one of the beauticians and an Ozian. The play was really good. In the evening the boys had their RUSH Christmas party and we went back to church to hear Jay Shaffer and his group, "Quartet plus One" sing and then we had a business meeting.

Tonight I had a very nice evening…I went out to dinner with Julie Lininger. She and I had been attending Bible study together and the last Bible study (Jesus, the One and Only), we went out to dinner before the last session. However, last Monday she had to go out to town, so tonight since Bible study is over with we went out to eat to make up for last week. We went to our favorite local Mexican restaurant, Hacienda...they have the best food! We sat and talked for nearly 2 hours after we got done eating..it was very nice.

By the way, Nathalie…if you read this…remember the man that sang Happy Birthday to you when we went there??? He was there tonight singing as well. He looked very different this time though…he got his hair cut short, (remember he had that long braid?), and he wasn't dressed in the sombrero this time either. It brought back some fun memories hearing him sing tonight.

No comments: