Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Jean went home for Christmas


 

December 24, 2007, 7:10 AM, Jean went to be the Lord and her husband Myron who passed away in Feb. 2003. Her obituary can be viewed here. http://obit.stemmlawsonpeterson.com/obitdisplay.html?id=488408

This has been such a long path for all of her family and having her go home on Christmas Eve will always make the holidays bittersweet. Today was Jean's viewing and tomorrow morning is the funeral. I finished writing my part for Jean's funeral and sent it to Jay and Julie this evening. I had it mostly written last week, but had to do some tweaking and I just hope it is okay and that it will honor Jean.

We had a very nice Christmas all the way around, but I think I am paying for the business and the late nights now because I am definitely getting a cold. After all of the snow and bad weather we have had for all of the December weekends, we ended up with a green and not white Christmas. On Saturday it warmed up and rained and melted nearly all of the snow. We got a few flurries on Sunday, but that was about it and it hasn't snowed since then.

It is hard to believe that Christmas is over for another year. The time from Thanksgiving to Christmas just flew by. It always seems to go quickly, but this year, more than normal. I didn't even do any Christmas baking. I only made some fudge, (which turned out really sticky), and a pumpkin dessert to take to mom's on Sunday. Mark and Jared made most of the Christmas Eve goodies on Monday while Adam worked at Martin's and I spent the day doing the rest of the wrapping. Every year I say that I am going to have all of the wrapping done before Christmas Eve, but that rarely happens. The Christmas Eve service was very nice this year. Jared even had a part. Rachel Laborde sang a song while some of the Jr. High and Sr. High kids came down the aisle with candles. Later, that same group did a choral reading and Jared had some lines then as well.

I am going to make this short tonight so I can get to bed! Night, Night!

No comments: