Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day, 2007


Yesterday as is our yearly family tradition, we went to Potato Creek. We left church right after the service, (couldn't miss that since I was on worship team!), came home to change and pick up Tucker and then were off to the park. The weather was not good when we left as it had been raining most of the morning and didn't stop until mid-afternoon. I got a funny photo of Joe, Mark and Dad cooking our hot dogs while holding umbrellas in the pouring down rain. I will be sure to post it here once I download it from my camera. Later in the afternoon, it finally stopped raining and we were able to move the chairs outside instead of sitting inside of our shelter. We walked to the nature center for a while and mostly we sat around talking and eating! Kassie brought her boyfriend, Brody, with her and they took a couple of walks with Jared. Adam just hung around with us mostly. Kim brought Keely, (sp??), her Lhasa, but she didn't really want to have much to do with Tucker. He really wanted to play like he plays with Chloe, but Keely was being a bit of a snob and just ignored him most of the time. She is obsessed with her ball and everytime someone would throw it, she would tear off after it and Tucker would tear off after her. She didn't think to much about that. We all got a kick out of watching it though.

Today, Monday, we spent most of the day working on the pool. UGH! We had to drain it to get ready to paint it, but before the painting it has to be scraped and sanded. Honestly, I haven't helped with too much of it up to this point as most of the time I busy with other things, but I did help with a lot of the sanding today. It is hot and dirty work and definitely not fun. I think we are pretty much done with that part now. It still needs to be power washed and then it will be ready for painting. Later in the afternoon, we went over to Labordes house for a cookout. They are in our FIF group this time around with the VanDaeles. They weren't able to make it though, but we went to Labordes anyway. Nancy's parents where there as well as Ken & Mary Lou Stewart. Rachel had been away with some friends, but she got back just about the time we were finished with dinner. The weather today was just perfect, and we sat outside all evening and had a nice time.

A couple of nights ago, the boys and I started watching the movie, "The Patriot", but since it was so long, we only watched half of it and we finally finished watching the end of it tonight. We borrowed 5 movies from the library this week and I don't think we are going to get through all of them! I watched Mona Lisa smiles Friday night and it wasn't quite what I expected, but it was pretty good, I guess.

No comments: