Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday, May 30th


Today we are going to run some errands, if Jared will get on the ball and get his school work done. He has been saving money for an Ipod and now that he has enough it is burning a hole in his pocket. LOL! So, he really wants to go out today and buy it, but I told him that it all depends on him and how soon he can get done with school. I also would like to run to Hobby Lobby and look at stamps that are on sale, but that can wait if need be.

We need to be back no later than mid afternoon as Jeremy Lininger is coming over this afternoon for a while. He is working on training to become a paramedic and this weekend he has his practicals, which is a test to finish part of it up. But, before he can do that he needs to practice assessments on a few people and has asked to practice on us. I said that was fine as long as he wasn't going to poke us with a needle or anything. He assured me no one would get hurt. Wheww!

Tonight Jared has a baseball game and Mark has a meeting at church, but he may have to skip it so he can work on the pool. (Adam too!) It is nice having a in-ground pool of our own, but I will tell you it is a lot of work, especially when it needs to be painted. That is one hard job! I really do not like painting at all, but painting a pool and getting prepped is awful! I helped paint the walls last night and I had about all I could take. The roller was really heavy and paint is really sticky and doesn't go very far when being rolled. Plus to make things more difficult, our pool has a *small* ledge all the way around the deep end that we had to try to balance on and not slide down into the deep part while still painting the walls. I am sore this morning in places I didn't no existed. (in my shoulders and back mostly.) So, needless to say, I am glad that Jared has a game tonight so I won't have to help with the pool! The paint has to sit for nearly 2 weeks to be sure it is completely dry before we can fill the pool up again, so we really do need to get it done because at this point for me at least, by the time the water is warm enough for swimming it will be nearly July! Okay, there was my whine for the day!

No comments: