Monday, June 4, 2007

Brrr!!

Jared had a baseball game this evening and it was cold! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket You wouldn't think that since it is June that it would be so cold, but it is. (currently it is 55F.) I had worn capris and a short sleeved shirt today, but earlier had put on a sweatshirt and by the end of the ball game I had another light jacket on as well as had my legs and feet wrapped in two blankets. It wouldn't have been so bad if the wind hadn't been blowing! I put up the large golf umbrella and leaned it back and that did help block a lot of the wind. The good thing about the night is Jared's team won! Hooray! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket They played Big League Barbers and beat them 16-5.

Today was our last day of homeschool bowling so it was a pizza party and unlimited bowling. Jared bowled with Jeremy and they played 4 games. Adam ended up having to work this afternoon, so he missed it.

I guess Adam passed his "trial" period at work because this week he went from working 3 day a week (and only 4 hours on 2 of those days), to working 5 days this week with longer hours. He has off only Wednesday this week. That is good for him, but makes a lot of running for me. He is really liking his job at Martin's Pet & Garden and everyone says he is a good worker. I am glad he is enjoying it...it is so important to have a job that you like.

Yesterday after church we finally went to see Pirates of the Caribbean- At World's End. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket It was good, but a bit on the confusing side. I am looking forward to it coming out on DVD so I can watch it again and hopefully that will clear up some of the confusion.

After the movie we came home for a bit and then went back out to go to John Anderson's graduation open house. While we were there, Don & Michele showed up. It was so nice to see them. Since they left McCoy, we rarely see them any more which is really sad to me. We invited them to come over for a while after they were done with the open house and they came and spend nearly 2 hours talking. It was nice to get together with them again. We realized that we hadn't seen them since the Superbowl which would have been early Feb. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket We really need to take the time to get together with them more often considering how close we were to them a year ago at this time. I really hate how we have drifted apart like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw great, sounds like adam really enjoys his new job! that is great that he gets to earn money and do something that he likes. I just looked at the pictures you posted and I must say since last year the boys have grown again!! it's so funny for me to see them change, for me it seems all so sudden always when I see new pictures :D. this time around jared change more than adam ;).