Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No More Little League

Last night was Jared's last Little League game...forever! He has no plans on playing next year and he was supposed have one more game on Thursday, but it got canceled. Part of me is relieved and the other part of me is sad. Obviously, he is growing up and this is just one more thing that he is "done" with. Some times Little League can be so frustrating, but on the other hand I enjoy watching him play and interacting with the other families there. It sounds like this may very well be Jill's last year for playing as well, but Austin has quite a few more years so I guess we will just have to go to more of his games next year.

This morning the boys had a dentist appt. and afterwards we dropped Adam off for work. We then went out to lunch with Lori and the kids to Arby's. I feel like Lori and I have barely talked since Mega Meet...we have had bits of time here and there, and that one Friday when we went to Pages in Time and they stayed for dinner, but all and all we haven't had nearly as much time together as normal. It was nice today because after lunch we came back here so the kids could swim and we just sat and talked.

After dinner this evening I took Jared to get his hair cut...it was getting so long because I told him he couldn't get a hair cut until he got his room cleaned up. HA! Since last Friday he finally got it cleaned up, today he got his hair cut and he looks SO much better!

Yesterday Jared and I went to Pages in Time and spent the day there working on pages for his scrapbooking 4-H project. I helped him pick out paper and a few embellishments and he made pretty good progress on it. He still have some things to finish up at home and a couple of more that he just got paper for and so after camp we are going to have to hit it hard and get it finished up.

I completed two more scrapbook layouts the other day and both are now loaded into My Slide. The layout "Ripleys 2" was done for a scraplift challenge at The Scrapbook Site and so it also inspired my design for the first page of this layout too. For the month of July I am going to play a scrapbook game/contest at TSS called, "So you think you can scrap?". I have no aspirations of winning, but I have a feeling that it will pull me out of my scrapbooking comfort zone a bit which can never hurt. Maybe I will even learn something new!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww yeah it's kinda sad to hear that there is no more little league for you. that has been part of your life but there will be new things instead of that :D.