Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

This morning we went to Amy Ford's home, (one of the homeschool moms that I have met through homeschool bowling), to help them clean up the roadside. They have adopted a mile stretch of road and clean up the litter twice a year. It is a good community service for the kids. She fed us monkey bread, (like little cinnamon rolls baked in a pan), for breakfast and made chicken salad for lunch. The kids were going to swim too, but it was a little cool for swimming today even though it was clear and sunny.

We came home mid afternoon and the boys got school done and then Mark came home and
cooked t-bone steaks on the grill for dinner. I made a simple lettuce
salad to go with them. After dinner Jared went off to play and ride his
bike, Adam and Mark went across to the river and fish and I took Tucker
for a walk. I also found some time to scrapbook and started a layout
with a couple of photos of Adam and Brooke from their birthday last
year. The photos aren't really that great so it has been hard for me to
be inspired to scrap them. I came up with some inspiration tonight
though and have it nearly done. I used foam stamps and paint to do the
title so am leaving it to dry overnight and then I hope to finish it up
tomorrow.
I uploaded a new layout last night that I finished a few days ago and
it is also in my slide show here on my blog. It was completed for a
sketch challenge forPraisebooking and were also some older photos that I took of Tucker last August while Nathalie was here.

Jared and I went out a bit ago and set up the tent in the
back yard. It isn't supposed to get too cool tonight and get much
warmer tomorrow so we figured it would be a good time for a camp out.
Jared and I are just about to go out there for the evening...he is
popping some popcorn for us to take out there right now.

No comments: