Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I am getting a laptop!!

I am so excited! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Yesterday I ordered a brand new laptop! Mark was able to contact the IT guy at his sister company and he was able to get me a great quote from Dell. So in a few days I will have a brand new Dell Notebook computer! This will be the first brand new computer that we have had since the very first computer, our Gateway, that we bought years ago. All of the computers since then have been put together by Mark Kerk. I am really hoping that it will arrive before we leave for WOL camp on June 29th. I don't even care if we don't have internet there, but it will be nice to be able to back up my photos and do some writing about our time there and then when we get back home I can just copy and paste it into my blog! I got my order acknowledgment yesterday, but am still waiting on my confirmation which will tell me when the ship date will be.
{Update} I am such a dork! I have 3-5 days shipping on my account and I took that to mean that my computer would be shipped within 3-5 days of my ordering it. The only thing that means is that *when the computer is ready* then it will be shipped with in 3-5 days. I just got my confirmation and it won't even be ready to ship until around the middle of July! Bummer! So, now I wait and learn to be patient! So much for having it for the trip to New York!

Last night Vacation Bible School started and I think I like having it in the evening. It is kind of hard with all of the kids that are involved in Little League, but I like the fact that we don't have to get up early to be there. And...the even nicer thing is that each evening they are providing a simple meal for all of the workers. That means that I don't have to make dinner all week!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket We are all helping with VBS too, so that is nice. Mark is doing games, I am the photographer, (and decorator, but that part is done.), Jared is helping with crafts and Adam is helping with the 5th & 6th grade class.

Sunday was Father's Day and after church we went down and spend the day with Mark and Linda. Adam wasn't able to go though as he had to work concessions stand for he Express, so Anna came to pick him up. Mark & Linda just got some new furniture for the house, two entertainment centers and some twin beds for the spare bedrooms, and they are so nice. All Amish made! I am going to try to talk Mark into ordering a new bed for us from the same guy, but it may take a while to convince him that we need one. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket We got Mark and new ShopVac for Father's Day since his old one broke a few years ago and he keeps borrowing one from the Holmes.

Saturday was busy with ball games. Jared had a ball game in Edwardsburg and Adam had a double header in the afternoon. So, I took Jared to Edwardsburg, (twice because we had to go back and get his cleats since he left them at home! ARG!) and Mark picked Adam up from work and took him to the games. Jared and I met them there after we got back from Michigan. Jared's team lost....the game was probably one of the worst they played all season, but the McCoy team lost the first one and won the second game by quite a bit. After the games, we went with the Jordan's to church to finish up the VBS decorations and ordered pizza for dinner.

No comments: