Thursday, June 14, 2007

Catching Up!



I have gotten a little behind posting here and told myself since I switched things over I would stay on top of things, so it is time to catch up a bit.

This week I have been busy with getting the decorations ready for Bible School. Sunday after church, Veronica & I stayed with the kids do to some more drawing and we also met at the church Tuesday afternoon. We have made good progress and don't have to go back until Saturday after the church softball game. We need Mark and Shawn to help us with a few things.

Jared was supposed to have a in park baseball tournament this week against the other two Concord teams, but the other teams are having trouble getting the boys around to play. I guess they have some injuries and some on vacation so the whole tournament was canceled. It is nice to not have games this week, but I was all ready signed up to work in the concession stand on Monday night so still had to be there for that. I really would rather work in the concession stand when Jared isn't playing anyway because then I am not missing his game. Jared ended up going with me and watching Austin's game and running around with Jill. Afterwards we went to Wendy's and Jared bought each of us a Frosty and fries! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket We drove over to Oxbow Park to eat it. After we got back home we set up the tent again. This week it is supposed to be nice all week so Jared has been sleeping in there each night and I have slept out there a couple of times too. It is not the most comfortable, but not all that bad since we piled on lots of blankets. :) Tucker has been sleeping out there too and this morning when I woke up I couldn't find him. I finally noticed that there was some tail hair sticking out from under Jared's blankets and Tucker was curled up under there with him! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had my yearly check up on Tuesday morning...fun..fun...and was supposed to have a CE meeting at church that night, but I decided after spending all day at church working on VBS stuff that I was just going to skip it this month. I kinda felt guilty, but I really just needed to be home for a while.

Last night we finally got the pool completely filled up! It took 2 days of running the water to fill it up, but now it is done. It looks so nice with the new paint job. The water, of course, is freezing Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket right now and it is going to take a while for it to warm up even enough for Mark and the boys to swim.

I started a new scrapbook layout yesterday with some more photos that I had developed quite a while ago. They are photos from last summer when we went to Six Flags!! I scrapped some of those photos shortly after our trip, but for some reason just put these aside and did nothing with them. I have been trying to get through some of the photos I have laying around and have been making pretty good progress. Winkflash, my favorite online photo developing place is having a good sale right now, .06 cents for 4x6 prints so I just ordered a bunch of new photos, the most I have ever ordered at one time. I ordered over 170 photos and even with the shipping it still came to just under $20.00! That is a great price! Some of the photos are for Jared to do for his 4-H project, but most of them are for me and so I will have PLENTY to scrap once they arrive. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mom! it's so good to read some lines on your blog again. I come only every now and then cause I'm wuite busy with everything at the moment and then I always have quite a bit to read :D. I'm very happy to read that you are all doing fine and that you are healthy. in the last year or so I realized how extremely important that is cause my mom kept getting sick and my friend jessi had some issues and now has to have surgery in a couple of weeks. other than that everything is fine over here...I'm just finishing my bachelor thesis, 50 pages of hard work! and I will graduate in late july or beginning of august. during the summer I will be working in a lab at the university in bonn, I'm very excited about this, so I won't have to be just hanging around the whole summer ;). I had a lot of stress the last year but still I think I can't handle more than two weeks of vacation. sounds crazy, but it's true ;). I will be heading home to Cologne on July 10th...so it's less than a month left in krakow. I'll miss is terribly...but I'm glad to go home and be with my family and my boyfriend again. oh don't remeber if I told you, but shortly after I left for Poland we just missed each other so much and got back together ;). kinda crazy, but that's how it is and we're happy. I got some pictures to send you here from krakow so I'll send you an email sometime. love you and miss you!!!